Hey y’all! I hope that all of you had a Merry Christmas and enjoyed time with your loved ones. Are you ready for this new year? Can you seriously believe that it’s 2018? I’m sure that you’re hearing a lot of people saying things like “new year, new me”, right? I know, me too. There are so many people talking about new years resolutions – things that they want to do or change. In December and January, we plan, and some of us actually stick with it for a little while. By February, everything has returned back to normal for most of us though. Our laundry list of resolutions are long forgotten until next year when we start the process all over again.
“A dream without a goal is simply a wish” – Unknown
Of course this isn’t everyone’s case. Some people are able to follow through till the end. I am not one of those people. I’d like to become one though. If you’re on the same team I’m on, I’m inviting you to participate in a little exercise with me.
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” -Tony Robbins
New Year’s resolutions are basically goals – things we want to achieve in life. They can be small or great, short term or long term. No matter what your age is, you can have goals for yourself. Plus, if you start while you’re young, doing it when you’re older will be a whole lot easier.
Sometimes when we set a billion goals at one time – like with New Years resolutions, it can be a little scary because it’s like you’re in front of this humongous mountain that you feel like you have to climb immediately or you’ll feel like a failure – and all you were trying to do was be a better person. Why does it have to be so hard?
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
I don’t know about you, but I have things that I want to accomplish. I also have things that I desperately need to do that I keep putting off for a later time. I know that in order for some things to change in my life, I have to be the one to make a change because it’s not going to just happen on it’s own. I have to stop procrastinating and get busy, so I created a simple goal plan that I’m going to try, and I want to share it with you.
Alright, so this is how it works
1. | Subscribe and download the free 12 Month Simple Goal plan printable that will help you keep track of your simple goals. Also once you subscribe to Blooming Sunshine, there are more printables that will be offered from time to time so subscribe and stay tuned!
2. | Think of some things that you want to do, or things that you really need to do. Then pick a few simple goals that you want to acheive for the next year. No more than 12.
Perhaps your math grade isn’t too great. One of your goals can be to set aside some extra time just to study math for one month.
You don’t have to start in January, you can start whenever you want.
You don’t have to have 12 of them, so if you can’t think of that many, it’s totally ok!
Each goal has to be something you can do within one month.
Your goals don’t have to be huge or complicated. Here are a few of the goals on my list:
spend more time with my family
donate old clothes to charity
make more time for my hobbies
3. | Write your goals down on the free goal plan printable, and answer the questions included. Journals work too.
4. | Every month, choose one of your goals. For that month, you will focus on that goal. Don’t worry about the other ones. Their time will come, but for now they’ll have to wait in line. 🙂
5. | After you’ve achieved your goal, check it off and celebrate yourself for a job well done!
One year later, you’ll have a list of all of the goals that you have achieved! If you aren’t able to achieve a goal because you need more help or life happened, don’t feel bad, just keep trying. The fact that you even tried says so much about you.
I hope this plan is helpful for you if you decide to join me. Thanks for reading, and good luck!
“A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.” -Greg Reid